Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Remembering “Cottongrove Country Store”

Shelley,
      This is Ken Walker, your son John's former United States History teacher at Central Davidson High School.  I am so glad to find your blogspot on the web, fondly remembering John and all your family during my very special days years ago at Central. Be sure to share my greetings with him.
      Today as I sat in my living room, I found myself gazing at my print (#371/500) of the Cotton Grove Country Store.  I had given it to my mother for Mother's Day back in 1988.  With her passing in 2006, the print became mine. My mother and her  family often visited the store since she grew up in that community. She was born in 1917 and lived in Cottongrove until 1936.
Sincerely,
Ken Walker
(used with permission)

CottonGCS
This painting, done as a Christmas gift for Shelley' in 1988,
started Dempsey's art career.

No comments:

Post a Comment