Thursday, July 25, 2013

“Daylily Days” Touches a Heart

The following is an excerpt lifted for a recent email and is used with permission:

“I am writing to see if you  have Daylily Days print available for purchase. If so, I am interested and I would also be interested in any note cards that feature it.    I saw it in the Alzheimer's Association calendar.   My father always loved bluebirds and daylilies.  He passed away July 1st and when I returned to work and turned my calendar over to July, there was your Daylily Days painting. It is amazing to think God planned to have that picture on that date for me and everything He had to orchestrate to make it happen.  As the Bible says in II Corinthians 1:3 ...the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. “    I felt like it was God's timing to reach out and comfort me. My brother and I always felt like bluebirds were a special sign of God reaching out to us, much like some people think of rainbows.  My Dad loved nature and hummingbirds too, so I hope to be able to find the hidden hummingbird in your painting. Thank you for your beautiful painting. I took a picture of it with my phone and am using it as a screensaver on my phone.

Jean S. Rutledge

 

Daylilies small

No comments:

Post a Comment